About This Test
This test has been developed to assess risk and hazard of airborne exposure from mould. Genus sampling can include both toxic and non-toxic spores and shows levels of airborne viable and non-viable spores. The laboratory analysis of the cassette is by qualified mycologists who read 100% of the sample at 600 times magnification, which is an extremely high level of analysis. This can be useful pre or post decontamination to verify exposure risks.
What the Kit Includes
- Free Loan Air Pump for 1 week (with a refundable deposit of £100 charged, which is refunded once the Air Pump is returned to Mould Lab)
- X4 cassettes (additional cassettes are available for purchase)
- Instructions for the test, Gloves, Return Postage and a Chain of Custody (which needs to be completed for our Laboratories)
Things to Note
- We recommend 1 cassette per room and that 1 cassette is taken outside for comparison
- The Air Pump requires x4 AA Batteries per x3 cassettes used . If batteries are not replaced after x3 cassettes the results will not be accurate. The client is responsible for the purchasing and disposal of these. Please do not return the Air Pump with batteries.
- Please note the equipment hire fee is £10 which is non-refundable. We ask that the equipment is returned with the samples, failure to do so will result in a delay to samples being sent to the lab.
Turn Around Times
Once the sample is with the laboratory we expect a 1 day service.